Getting closer!

Getting closer!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Call me sentimental...

...but I have to say, that was one of the best vacations ever. We set the bar high, my friends. And despite the stress of having a two-year old and two whiny school-aged children, it was actually a lot of fun.

I also have to say that I could not have taken this vacation with ANYONE - and that anyone includes my husband - and enjoyed it as much as I did traveling with my sister. We are just similar enough that we get along smashingly, and managed to get along smashingly for the entire trip. We have the same odd sense of humor, and that helped. We were able to laugh at a lot of the same things, and laugh at each other, and laugh at eacher others' children, and it just worked out really, really well. I assure you, my husband would not have been nearly as amused by my mini temper tantrums as my sister was, and when I would have a bad moment it would make her laugh, which would make me laugh, which would make it all better.

So, shout out to my sister: thank you, Jen, for putting up with me, and with my kids, and for making me laugh so hard that I nearly wet myself (and for making me have a spit take, and for making me spew powdered sugar, and the myriad of other times I laughed until something somewhat unfortunate almost and/or did occur). I had an amazing time. We must do it again sometime.

2 comments: